How to Setup/ Use Limit Screen Time on iOS Devices
Follow these very easy instructions to set up Screen Time on your child’s iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices:
How Screen Time Help
You can use this intuitive feature in a variety of ways to make your parenting easier and effective. Here are some of the ways Screen Time can help you:
- Helps to reduce excessive screen times among children
- Helps children to get a sound 8-hour sleep at night
- Helps them to focus on their homework and prepare for their assignments and exams
- Encourages children to put their mobile devices aside and interact with family in real time
- Provides a healthy alternative in the form of physical and outdoor activity
Best Practices – Tips to Using Screen Time
iOS Screen Time is an adaptable feature that you can use as it fits your needs. Here are some the useful tips to make the most of this useful feature:
- Define separate rules for homework time, dinner time and bed time and only enable the apps that help them during those hours. For instance, you can enable apps like Safari during their homework time but block it during their bed time. Blocking distracting apps will help them better concentrate and get things done quicker.
- Alter rules on weekdays and weekends. You can relax the rules over the weekends and allow them to use apps a little later than the weekday nights. You can even relax the rules as their exam season ends or summer holidays begin. After all, it’s all about flexibility!
- You can define rules according to your children’s age and their phone usage necessities. This way you can set bed time earlier for younger kids and change accordingly. Homework time can be prolonged during the exams for each child individually.>